Asfordby Hill Primary School
Achieving High Standards
Asfordby Hill Primary School Sports Day 2018
Date for your diaries: Wednesday 4th July
Time: 9.15 – 9.30 start
Following our brilliantly supported 2017 Sports Day, the countdown and planning to our Sports Day 2018 has already begun.
- All School Sports Council Representatives have audited their classes asking for feedback on the previous event.
- What went well included: Running, throwing, obstacle race and lots of events to take part in.
- What could have been better: Yellow bibs (insects gathered on them), Obstacle race (embarrassing), Year 2 would like more races in the second part of the event.
- Ideas to make the 2018 event an even greater success have been also collected.
- Our School Council has a number of proposals to consider including a possible KS2 House Games afternoon.
- During April they will hold weekly meetings to confirm the events.
- Council members will continue to liaise between their classes and the council.
- An assembly will be held to explain and share the format using a power point created by the Council members.
Planned format to date:
Trophies to win:
- 2018 Sport’s Day Winning House Team (with the most activity points gained)
- 2018 Most Sporting Team (points awarded by adults running the individual challenge events and additional sportsmanship observed linked to the Olympic values.)
Children arrive in their sporting clothes.
Each of the 4 House colours wearing their linked colours, yellow house to wear white t-shirts.
Assemble in the school hall after registration.
Parade onto the field.
1st Part: A carousel of sporting and physical fitness challenges.
Children moving round each station trying to score the highest number of points.
One event to be their bonus one with double points available.
2nd Part: Traditional Races
12.00 Family Picnic: School Playground.
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
error: Content is protected !!